Possible Structure Fire

11/05/11 – At 12:53hrs the PFD was dispatched to 312 South Jackson Street for a reported structure fire. As units were en-route, county advised that the caller reported that their furnace exploded and that there was possible entrapment. PD arrived on scene first and advised there was no entrapment and that there was smoke throughout the structure. First arriving E-32 immediately sent a crew inside to investigate and advised of a furnace malfunction. Next in L-51 and L-21 set up PPV and exhaust fans to clear the smoke from the residence. The fire was removed from the furnace and placed in ash can outside where it was extinguished. Units were on scene for approximately 40 minutes until all the smoke was cleared. Photo from republicanherald.com